Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top 11 Moments in 2011: Number 8

Meeting Michelle Obama

I have only met a handful of famous people in my life. Actually I can count the number on one hand. In 2011 I got to add one more to that list. Around 50 of us Peace Corps Volunteers serving in Botswana got to meet the first lady while she was visiting here in June.  When she came around and shook some of our hands and said "thank you for all you do for your country" it gave me such a feeling of pride and accomplishment. It was a surreal experience and one I will always remember. If you want to learn more about the experience you can check out my blog post here.

I'm in the middle second to the left of Mrs. Obama :)


Don't forget to check out number 11, 10, and 9 if you haven't already and check back in tomorrow for number 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment